Project for Management of mining waste tailing damp at the region Bor. Scientific cooperation between Japan and Serbia
- Project type: Dispatch of Science Technology Researchers
- Project objective: Current environmental impact by the mine tailings will be evaluated and mitigation measures for environmental impact will be created.
- Project sites: Region Bor
- Duration: August 2011 – August 2013
- Executing Organization: International Center for Research and Education on Mineral and Energy Resources, Akita University and Institute for Mining and Metallurgy Bor
- Improvement of methods for environmental evaluation along Krivelj, Bor and Timok Rivers to establish base for environmental evaluation.
- Preliminary environmental evaluation of river water and sediments from Bor to Danube River.
- Defining and monitoring the problem of the contamination of the soil, water and river caused by the uncared dump in the region of Bor.
List of Related Projects